Friday 27 February 2009

Oaty goodness!

I love a bowl of porridge - I make it at home and serve it with maple syrup and it is a great breakfast - fills you up, is tasty and (apart from the syrup possibly) healthy.

But at work I can't make it in a pot and want something fast and quick. When I stay in Glasgow I tend to have breakfast at the office so want something easy but filling. Nicola (who works with me) told me about Quaker Oats So Simple and I am now hooked.



You open the packet, put oats in a bowl, fill packet with milk (handy way to measure it), add to bowl, zap for 2-3 mins and stir and serve. Perfect every time and only a bowl to wash up - no pots! I am not used to microwave cooking but I like this a lot. And if I work late it is a good snack to have and better than a bar of chocolate!

Also - porridge is the subject of a research study into whether porridge can reduce the side effects of type 2 diabetes - how cool to get to eat porridge as part of a study?

No comments: