Tuesday 14 December 2010

vacuum coffee press

A few years ago I spotted the sharp,crisp lines of the Stelton vacuum jug. I thought this was a clever idea - pop your hot drink into it and sit out in the garden on those days when it is autumnal and/or spring like e.g. not warm enough for iced lemonade but not so cold and wintery that you want to be housebound.

But at the time they didn't do one for coffee - I wanted one that I could use as a cafetiere rather than having to use my inside cafetiere then transfer the hot coffee to the jug. I know, I am quite picky. But also it cools the coffee having to mess about with it like that.

The I read Stieg Larsson's book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Blomkvist spends an inordinate amount of time drinking coffee on his balcony from a vacuum jug. I was jealous. And figured that as per usual the Swedish were ahead of the curve.


I am therefore really pleased to have found that Skelton have now released a coffee press version of the original Erik Magnusson design - and you can get it from John Lewis. Who wants a bog standard picnic flask when this wee beauty can take its place on your garden table? This is a definite buy for the new garden - I can read my book, take in the air and be warmed up with a lovely cup of coffee.

No comments: