Friday 3 July 2009

kitchens

In my continued obsession for round houses, I am often on the look out for interior solutions that involve curves and/or fitting into a round structure. Well, I have found a company called Metris Kitchens who have a range called Peninsula Curve - and their curvey kitchen is just beautiful.



It reminds me a little of 1930s ocean liners and a slight art deco-ish hint - I think it is the sinuous lines of the surfaces. I would probably go for a different surface than what is here but I love the fact that it is curved. After all, who wants sharp edges - cooking and baking to my mind is more subtle than that and therefore needs a more stylish approach and to my mind this is it. I can see shiny, white Mason & Cash baking bowls lined up and ready to be filled with ingredients and mixtures destined for decadent feasts!

No comments: