I don't know whether this is authentic or not cause I made it up but it is one of my husbands favourite meals. We had it last night for the first time in ages and I had forgotten how good it is.
tortilla wraps (I used Tesco organic ones - lovely and soft)
chicken breast - 1 per person
1 red pepper
2 large portobello mushrooms
1 onion (can be red or white)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. Slice the onion in half then chop - this gives you long strips of onion. Add to wokwith 2/3 slugs of oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Slice pepper into strips, Slice mushrooms into long slices. Slice chicken into strips.
3. Add chicken to the wok and sprinkle with the spices and add the mustard. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the peppers, mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add a couple of squeezes of puree and enough water to make a sauce - not watery, just enough so that it isn't dry. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. While the filling is in its last ten minutes, wrap the tortillas in tinfoil and pop in the oven for 5 minutes to warm up.
6. Put the tortillas onto seving plates and spoon the mixture onto one half and fold the tortilla over.
I like to serve this with chips - home or out the freezer - with some homemade guacamole and some creme fraiche. The key lime pie makes a great dessert for afters.
Introducing Hello, My Name Is Shine
2 years ago